Wednesday 11 January 2012

The fun begins

After a summer of sorting out some minor issues and having a fun Fall driving the car with little issues it was time to put the car away for the season. Fast forward to December........ Dec 16th, I decided to see what the years of leaking glass did on the car. So I pulled the carpet and the rear valence covering the firewall. Surprise!!! RUST!

 
Well I can't say I was surprised.... but I can say it did take me back a bit.
After pulling all the parts and pieces I realized I need a place to put things. I did have a plan for this, I was going to construct a shed but that didn't happen. Instead I built a mezzanine in a part of my garage that was (to me ) was wasted space. The cool thing is that it ended up much cheaper than a shed and about the same volume plus it's heated so no plastic should break because of that. Here is what I ended up with.

It was Dec 26 when I built this.
Dec 28th, I ended up taking the dash out and prepping for the battle with the rust.

No comments:

Post a Comment